IDPA MEMBERSHIP – NATIONAL LEVEL – $40 ANNUALLY
This membership allows shooters to shoot at all sanctioned or state matches in the country, as well as at any local IDPA club. Shooters must also join the IDPA at the national level in order to be classified. The classifier match is a 72 round test that determines whether a shooter competes as a Novice, Marksman, Sharpshooter, Expert or Master.
We encourage all IDPA participants to join the national association.
To join: IDPA – Join now
McHENRY IDPA CLUB REGULAR MEMBERSHIP – LOCAL LEVEL
ALL MEMBERSHIPS RUN UNTIL JUNE 30, REGARDLESS OF WHEN YOU SIGN UP
$40 Annual (paid 7/1/2020-12/31/2020), $25 (paid 1/1/2021-6/30/2021)
- Member pre-registration for club matches.
- Right to vote on club matters and elections.
- Support the club!
- Prior experience in action pistol competition (as evidenced by classification or match score records) OR evidence of having taken a class involving supervised, live fire holster draw/shoot on the move. This includes introduction to competition and skills and drills classes. You must describe this experience (including sport/classification or instructor name and class type) to participate.
- US Citizen or Legal Permanent Resident legally able to own or operate firearms
- Junior (under 21 years of age) members require sponsorship by a member 21 years or older and written authorization from a parent or guardian.
We do not offer online membership application. Membership applications require approval by a club officer due to need for verification of requirements. If you have not participated in a club event in the current membership year (July 1-June 30), application must be made in person at a club event. If you have, contact us so that we can expedite your membership.
This form is required for all participants and observers. Participants/membership applicants must complete the section describing prior experience, or the form will be returned.
- Minor Authorization by Parent or Guardian
This form is required for all participants under the age of 21, in addition to the above form.
NEW SHOOTER ORIENTATION
This orientation is required for all new shooters before competing at one of our matches.
We will continue to offer this orientation at no charge during most (but not all) of our regular monthly matches. Check ahead of time to see if there is proper staffing for the orientation. Shooters need to bring a firearm (unloaded – NO AMMUNITION ALLOWED IN THE ORIENTATION CLASS), strong side holster, an empty magazine and magazine holder. Also bring eye and ear protection so you can go out on the range after the orientation to observe a match in progress. If the match is not full, new shooters may be allowed to shoot some stages after the orientation class has been completed. If the match is full that night, then new shooters can sign up to compete at the next monthly match.